Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Space Age Vintage Knitting

Hi everyone!

One of my favorite things is vintage ads. One of my other favorite things is crocheting and yarn crafts. I so love when all of my favorite things come together to become one super awesome favorite thing. It's like scooping dark chocolate frosting right out of the can with a peanut butter cookie. (Sorry, I'm pregnant and hungry.)

Anyhoo, I saw this awesome 1955 ad on Ravelry and just had to share it with you. Presenting...

Space Age Vintage Knitting

(Image used with permission by Vintage Knits)

Are there any current yarn ads that come close to being this cool??? :D

5 comments:

  1. isn't that the best ad? And I agree, today's ads aren't nearly as cool (but maybe if we check them again in 50 years, they might look better) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is possibly the coolest ad I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know....I am sure that Vanna MUST do some pretty cool yarn ads too!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that ad! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ * ♥ * ~

    This ad is so cool Maggi. I do not think I have seen any modern wool ads come even close but then again, wool probably isn't a popular project as much as it was back then.

    xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that is a great ad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Circle 7-2099! I appreciate your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails