Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goodbye Miss Jane Russell

I was so heartbroken to hear of Jane Russell's recent passing.


She was everything fabulous, always glamorous, dedicated to her faith and refused to take crap from anyone. My favorite of her movies was (and is) "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes". Her autobiography, "My Path and Detours" was so interesting and I loved her views on Hollywood and what led to her creation of WAIF (World Adoption International Fund).



Ah, her eyebrows: sharp as a razor blade. How I envy those brows!

Rest in Peace Jane Russell...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! I didn't know Jane Russell had passed. Thank you for your wonderful tribute to her. She was truly fabulous. Also, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your words of encouragement. I know that experience will give me what I need to finish my revision. It's really exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was ONE AMAZING woman!! RIP Jane! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lady! great tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sweetheart!!!
    Congrats on the new baby, I'm so happy for you. This is so kool.
    I was sad about Jane Russel also.All the old greats are dieing off.
    Thanks for stoping by Dear, I've always ejoyed your visits.
    Thae ols photos of your family are really wonderful. Louise is a beautiful name.My sister inlaw is a Louise. We call her Lou. The old names are so much grander than all the weird ones they have these days.
    Get plenty of rest, take care and May God Bless,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa, I missed this.

    hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and love it! I would recognize the Circle 7-2099 anywhere, which is what initially got my attention (I found you through Va-Voom Vintage) Feel free to check out my Lucille Ball blog sometime...

    Jane Russell was such a stunning, classic beauty...and I love that top picture you have of her! Gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Circle 7-2099! I appreciate your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails